Our Mission Statement
“Under the Wings of an Angel,” is a local, non-profit organization that wants to enhance our community and make a change for our children no matter what age, race, creed or origin. Our desire is to reach out to those in need and hopefully make a difference, children should not have to feel the strain on what is put before then or their families.
Our mission is to raise awareness and support for our local community. This will benefit our local children in need. PO Box 30774 Myrtle Beach, SC 29576
- There are approximately 1.7 million homeless teens in the U.S.
- 39% of the homeless population is young people under the age of 18.
- 5,000 of our youth die every year due to assault, illness or suicide while living on the streets.
- Over 50% of the young people in shelters and on the streets report that their parents told then to leave or knew they ere leaving and didn’t care.
- The average age a teen becomes homeless is 14.7 years of age.
- Teens age 12 to 17 are more likely to become homeless then adults.
- one (1) and seven (7) young people between the age of 10 and 18 will runaway.
- There are 10,800 homeless high school students living in South Carolina.
PO Box 30774 Myrtle Beach, SC 29588
Talk to Us